All the technical stuff you need to know about the information we collect from you and what we use it for.
At Purpl Energy, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors The Purpl Energy team members are customers themselves, of both Purpl Energy and other internet sites – so we totally understand and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at email@example.com This privacy notice sets out the ways in which we may process your personal data, your rights in relation to our processing and other matters.
This privacy notice contains important details about the way we will treat your personal information, and your rights in respect of the personal data that we hold about you.
This privacy notice applies in relation to information exchanged via our website, in-store, in correspondence or otherwise. By visiting any of our websites, or by providing us with any information about yourself, you are accepting and agreeing to the practices described in this privacy notice.
This is information that you give us by filling in forms on our websites, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, and while you are in-store. It includes information you provide when you register to use our sites, open an account, subscribe to our mailing list, search for a product, place an order on our sites, apply for any job via our sites, use our social media platforms, enter a competition, promotion and when you report a problem with our sites, products or services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, clothing sizes, and in relation to any job application – employment history, education records and other details relevant to your application.
If you provide any information about any other individuals such as friends or family, you warrant to us that you are entitled to provide that information to us and to authorise us to process it on the same basis as we will process the rest of the data that you provide about yourself.
We may use this information:
• to process, fulfil and provide you with information relating to your orders;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we offer, so long as, where required by law, you have given the relevant consent;
• to notify you about changes to our products and services;
• for fraud and theft prevention;
• to ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• if you have submitted a job application, in order to evaluate and manage that application, and to manage your employment if you are successful;
• for our own legal and risk management purposes;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our sites about goods or services that may interest you.
Please note that, where you are asked to provide information to us which is of a sort that is necessary to enable us to perform a contract or fulfil a request that you make (e.g. contact, delivery or payment information) – if you do not do so, we may not be able to perform your contract or fulfil your request.
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, Purpl Energy works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you with the highest quality products and services you expect from us e.g. delivery companies, fraud prevention agencies and product technicians amongst others. Some of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
• advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites;
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreement or policy to which we are a party, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Purpl Energy, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share your personal information, including your name, address, email address, as well as a record of any transactions you conduct on our website or offline with us with a third-party advertising partner and its service providers in order to deliver to you banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites. Our advertising partner will make the data we provide it pseudonymous. To learn more about the use of this information or to make choices about receiving personalised advertising provided by third parties, please visit the European Digital Interactive Advertising Alliance by clicking here.
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to our website. When you set your account up, we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information anymore you can request that we stop by using the unsubscribe link within the email.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is being processed.
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Purpl Energy banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Purpl Energy (for example, your Purpl Energy search history, and the content you read on Purpl Energy) or on Purpl Energy banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
Data Protection Law requires us to meet at least one “legal ground” for processing personal data, currently set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. The grounds applicable to the personal data to which this notice relates are:
If more than one of the above grounds apply to the processing of data in question, the applicable ground will be the one that is set out first above.
If you provide us with any special categories of personal data (that is to say information as to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sex life or sexual orientation or genetic or biometric data) or personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences, then unless you provide that information to us in a recruitment or employment context (in which case please see below) it is a condition of us receiving that information that you expressly consent (and you hereby do) to us processing that personal data for the purposes set out above. Accordingly, if you do not want us to process any such categories of personal data, please do not provide it to us.
If you provide us with any of the above types of data in relation to a job application or in the context of your work with us, the information will only be used so that we can monitor our compliance with the law and best practice in terms of equal opportunities and non-discrimination and, where applicable, to review and keep under review your ability to carry out the work for which you may be employed and any health and safety issues.
The data that we collect from you will be stored on our servers or those of our service providers.
If you place an order with us and you are outside of Nigeria we will transfer the data that we hold on you to our affiliates in the relevant countries.
Purpl Energy also works with suppliers and partners who may make use of cloud and/or hosted technologies. We undertake data security, due diligence on our partners and ensure that that these partners conform to appropriate accreditations.
Wherever transfers of data to third countries occurs Purpl Energy will ensure that the recipient is either (i) within the EEA, or (ii) in a country that the European Union has decided has adequate data protection laws in place, or (iii) has provided appropriate data protection safeguards of the sort approved by the European Union and which provide effective rights and remedies for you, further details of which are available from the contact details below.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential, and for all use made of your account with such password. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our policy is to ensure that personal data is only stored for as long as is necessary for the purposes it was provided. This may vary according to the type of information and the specific purpose and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under Purposes for which we may use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
• the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
• you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
• we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
• in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
You have various rights under Data Protection Law. These include:
• The right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, even if you have given consent;
• If our processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw any consent you may have given for our processing of your data – if you exercise this right, we will be required to stop such processing if consent is the sole lawful ground on which we are processing that data;
• The right to ask us for access to the data we hold about you and how we use it;
• The right to ask us to rectify any data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
• The right to ask us to delete your data in certain circumstances;
• The right to ask us to restrict our processing of your data in certain circumstances;
• The right to object to our processing of your data in certain circumstances;
• The right to data portability to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form in certain circumstances.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Last updated December 2018
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer or other device when you visit certain web pages.
In order for you to purchase items from the Purpl Energy website, you need to have some cookies enabled on your computer or device.
If you disable these cookies, you may be able to still browse the site, however you may not be able to make purchases or take advantage of other features.
For more information about cookies you can visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Cart” and “Add to Wishlist”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Purpl Energy, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies), this may prevent our website from functioning properly or at all. You are taken to have agreed to any cookies that you have not blocked.
To change your cookie settings, if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used or if you want to reject cookies that you have previously agreed to, you can amend the settings as described above.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire (which means they will either be removed or cease operating) after a maximum expiry period.
Last updated December 2018